Warm Up With Organic Soup
When the weather cools down, soup makes a fantastic lunch or light dinner. These soup recipes are made with organic ingredients.
Organic bean soup
1 cup organic navy beans
1. Soak navy beans in a large pot of water overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
2. Drain and add sea salt, sugar and 1 quart boiling water. Add the pork loin and cook until the beans and meat are tender (approximately 90 minutes).
3. Remove meat from mixture and cut into 1-inch pieces. In a skillet, brown onion in butter; add meat. Cook on medium heat until meat is browned.
4. Place meat, along with milk, into pot with beans. Mix and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat until piping hot.
5. Serve with a side salad and crusty bread or croutons.
Organic tomato and rice soup
3 medium organic onions
1. Chop onions and saute in butter until tender and brown.
2. Add 16 ounces boiling water and rice. Simmer until rice is cooked.
3. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.