This recipe was adapted from a similar recipe from Steenbergs.co.uk and makes a delicious meal.
4 large organic green bell peppers
1 cup brown rice
1/4 organic white wine
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup organic almonds (slivered)
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons organic oregano
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice off tops of peppers, remove seeds and place in shallow glass baking dish filled with 1/2 cup water. Microwave for 3 minutes and set aside to cool.
3. Combine rice with 1 cup of water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes until tender.
4. In a skillet, heat the wine and add currants. Simmer for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Combine all the ingredients (except peppers) in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stuff the peppers with the rice mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
The following recipes for Mediterranean Pasta Salad and Tarragon-Encrusted Salmon are from the kitchen of Chef Kendall McFarland, research and development manager at Simply Organic. They are created using Simply Organic Steak Marinade Mix.
4 cups cooked pasta
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 package of Simply Organic Steak Marinade Mix
1. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the olive oil and the Steak Marinade Mix. Serve as a warm or cold side dish.
2. Add olives, cheese or other vegetables if desired.
4 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 package Simply Organic Steak Marinade Mix
1 to 1-1/2 pounds salmon steak (minimum 1 inch thick)
1. Preheat grill. In a small bowl, blend butter, lemon juice and Steak Marinade.
2. Lay salmon skin side down on fish grill plate; set on grill. Spread a thin layer of butter mixture on steaks.
3. Grill eight to 10 minutes or until salmon is just flaky.
4. Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes as a garnish.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!