Peppers, Pasta Salad & Salmon
Here are a few Mediterranean dishes made with organic vegetables and other healthful ingredients. Your family will love them!
Mediterranean stuffed peppers
This recipe was adapted from a similar recipe from Steenbergs.co.uk and makes a delicious meal.
4 large organic green bell peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice off tops of peppers, remove seeds and place in shallow glass baking dish filled with 1/2 cup water. Microwave for 3 minutes and set aside to cool.
3. Combine rice with 1 cup of water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes until tender.
4. In a skillet, heat the wine and add currants. Simmer for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Combine all the ingredients (except peppers) in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stuff the peppers with the rice mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
The following recipes for Mediterranean Pasta Salad and Tarragon-Encrusted Salmon are from the kitchen of Chef Kendall McFarland, research and development manager at Simply Organic. They are created using Simply Organic Steak Marinade Mix.
Mediterranean pasta salad
4 cups cooked pasta
1. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the olive oil and the Steak Marinade Mix. Serve as a warm or cold side dish.
2. Add olives, cheese or other vegetables if desired.
4 tablespoons softened butter
1. Preheat grill. In a small bowl, blend butter, lemon juice and Steak Marinade.
2. Lay salmon skin side down on fish grill plate; set on grill. Spread a thin layer of butter mixture on steaks.
3. Grill eight to 10 minutes or until salmon is just flaky.
4. Serve with sliced fresh tomatoes as a garnish.