Featuring chicken dishes from Food & Wine's venerable recipe collection, the Quick from Scratch Chicken Cookbook delivers a delectable variety of fast, flavorful chicken recipes. From soups, curries and stews to pasta and grains to salads and sandwiches, you can easily find the perfect chicken dish for everyday meals as well as special occasions.
Looking for a succulent weeknight meal? Try the Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Mustard Sauce or Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon. Need an impressive nibble for you next dinner party? Serve the Chicken Souvlaki or Risotto with Smoked Turkey, Leeks and Mascarpone. Want a light lunch to share with your mom and daughter? Toss together a Vietnamese Chicken Salad or Sesame Chicken Salad. Every recipe in the Quick from Scratch Cookbook is sure to please.
In addition to the delectable chicken recipes, the cookbook, which is part of a series of Quick from Scratch Cookbooks from Food & Wine, features leftover ideas to stretch your budget, basic cooking methods and cooking tips for chicken, suggestions for essential ingredients and pantry staples to make the most of your chicken dishes, menu ideas, and affordable wine pairing recommendations. Quick from Scratch Chicken Cookbook is available at bookstores nationwide and at FoodandWine.com (retail $24.95).
Keep the heat out of the kitchen with these succulent grilled chicken breasts sweetened with an easy-to-make grapefruit glaze.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 bone-in chicken breasts
1. Light the grill. In a small bowl, combine garlic, grapefruit zest and juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper.
2. Grill chicken breasts over moderately high heat, brushing frequently with grapefruit glaze, for 8 minutes. Turn and cook, brushing with more glaze, until chicken is done, about 10 to 12 minutes longer. Remove.
3. In a small stainless steel saucepan, bring remaining glaze to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute, remove from heat, and pour over grilled chicken to serve.
Serve this highly spiced Jamaican favorite with cornbread, rice and beans. Fried plantains are another authentic accompaniment.
3 scallions, including green tops, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon allspice
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vinegar
1/4 cup cooking oil
4 whole chicken legs
1. In a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients except chicken legs. Put the chicken in a large roasting pan and coat with pureed mixture. Let chicken marinate for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cook chicken legs in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the legs over and cook until just done, about 15 minutes longer.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!