Dairy Recipes & Health Benefits
There is more to dairy than milk (although that's quite tasty!). June is National Dairy Month, and besides being healthful and nutrient packed, delicious dairy products can be used for a wide variety of tasty snacks and meals. Here are the health benefits and uses for dairy as well as dairy recipes to help you celebrate National Dairy Month.
(page 2 of 2)
Dairy recipes for National Dairy Month
All recipes courtesy of 3-A-Day.org.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Vanilla Pudding Sauce
Makes 10 servings
For the bread pudding:
For the vanilla pudding sauce:
2. Combine bread cubes and cinnamon in a bowl. In a second bowl, whisk egg substitute with egg whites, sugar, milk and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and stir in raisins. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake 45 minutes or until golden.
3. Meanwhile, whisk egg, egg white, sugar, cornstarch, milk and vanilla together in a saucepan. Heat until mixture begins to gently simmer and thicken.
4. Remove bread pudding from oven, cut into squares, and generously drizzle with vanilla sauce.
Makes 4 servings
2. Whisking continually, heat mixture for 1 minute or until it gently simmers, then whisk in the cheese gradually until it melts and is smooth.
3. Take pot off of heat and remove bay leaf. Spoon mixture into a fondue pot or place on a hot plate to keep it melted. Serve with vegetables.
Curry Yogurt Chicken Kebabs
Makes 4 servings
For the marinade:
For the glaze:
For the dipping sauce:
For the chicken kebabs:
2. Using four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread chicken, peppers, onions and pineapple. Place kebabs in a glass dish. Pour marinade over and cover. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
3. When ready to cook, preheat broiler and line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Arrange kebabs on pan and brush on both sides with half of the glaze.
4. Broil kebabs for 5 minutes, then brush with glaze, flip, brush with more glaze and cook 5 more minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Serve with yogurt dipping sauce.
More on delicious dairy