Recipes courtesy of National Honey Board
Makes 2 servings
1 (14-ounce) block firm organic tofu, drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or dried hot red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 (5-ounce) bags Asian greens or baby spinach
1. Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Arrange in 1 layer on a triple layer of paper towels and top with another triple layer of towels. Weight with a shallow baking pan or baking sheet and let stand 2 minutes. Repeat weighting with dry paper towels 2 more times.
2. Stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, garlic and Tabasco in a glass pie plate. Add tofu slices in 1 layer and marinate, turning over every couple of minutes, for 10 minutes total.
3. Spray grill rack or pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove tofu slices from baking dish, reserving marinade. Grill tofu slices 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and crisp on the outside.
4. While tofu grills, heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté greens, tossing with tongs, until they begin to wilt. Add reserved marinade and sauté, tossing, until greens are just wilted, about 1 minute.
5. Lift greens from skillet with tongs, letting excess marinade drip off, and divide between 2 plates. Serve greens with tofu slices.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!