The scent and taste of lemon and other citrus delectably bring on thoughts of summer. Delivering bright, sweet flavors, lemon cakes and zesty cupcakes are perfect for a picnic or barbecue. Experiment with lemon and other citrus fruits to create refreshing and satisfyingly sweet desserts for those long, hot summer days. Here are three scrumptious citrus cake recipes to get you started.
(page 3 of 3)
Orange-glazed bundt cake
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 50 degrees F.
- Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray and flour, shaking out excess flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until pale yellow. Beat in eggs, orange zest and juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour with baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to batter alternating with milk, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, whisk confectioners' sugar with orange juice until smooth. When cake is completely cooled drizzle glaze over cake.
More citrus cake recipes
Meyer Lemon Cake
Lemon Poppyseed Cake
Lemon Walnut Sour Cream Pound Cake
Coconut Lime Pudding Cake
Skinny Grapefruit Cheesecake