Beef short ribs are the ultimate in tenderness. Typically eaten boneless and braised, which amplifies the lusciousness characteristic of these delicate morsels of beef, short ribs are often saved for special occasions. However, you can fix succulent ribs any time the craving for rich and wonderful meat arises. Here is your how-to for preparing short ribs and a few short rib recipes your family will love.
(page 4 of 4)
Korean Style Short Ribs
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin or sweet Sherry
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 15 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 pounds bone-in short ribs
- Whisk soy sauce with mirin, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic and onions.
- Pour mixture into a large resealable plastic bag and add ribs.
- Seal bag and flip a few times to coat ribs well. Chill ribs overnight, turning bag a few times to coat.
- When ready to serve, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove ribs from liquid and discard liquid. Place ribs on grill and cook until desired doneness and browned on the outside, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
More rave-worthy rib recipes
Chianti Braised Short Ribs
Beef Short Ribs with Mustard Glaze
Pork Spareribs and Chili-Spiced Ribs