(page 2 of 2)
Here are a few more extraordinary Nutella recipes to add to your Nutella enjoyment!
Nutella Cups with Fruit and Sorbet
Delicious for breakfast, akin to a dessert, you'll love fresh fruit piled into a crisp chocolate hazelnut cup.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup Nutella
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 to 4 cups fresh fruit of your choice
8 small scoops of a complementing sorbet
1. Combine flour, sugar, Nutella, egg, oil, 1/3 cup milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Batter should have a thin pourable consistency – if it is thick, add a bit more milk, blending well after each addition. For best results, place in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
2. When ready to assemble, take batter out of refrigerator and let sit at room temperature while you prepare your fruit and heat your griddle, nonstick skillet or crepe pan. Fruit should be cut into bite-sized pieces. Small berries can be left whole. If batter has thickened, whisk in a bit more milk until pourable.
3. Heat griddle, skillet or crepe pan over low heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to ladle batter onto hot surface. If using a griddle, quickly use the bottom of the cup to spread the batter into a 5 to 6-inch circle. If using a skillet or crepe pan, quickly tilt pan to spread batter into a circle.
4. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the edges are set. Use a spatula to flip the thin pancake and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. To make a Nutella cup, gently fit pancake into the cup of a muffin tin or a ramekin and let cool – it will harden and become crisp. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 "cups."
5. To serve, place Nutella cup on a small plate and fill with fruit and top with a small scoop of sorbet or the following Nutella sorbet for a double Nutella dish.
Nutella Banana Sorbet
An ice cream maker is key to this silky sweet frozen treat.
2 cups water
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 pounds unpeeled very ripe bananas
3/4 cup Nutella
2 tablespoons concentrated orange juice
1. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water and brown sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture has reduced slightly. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, peel the bananas and puree in a food processor with the Nutella and orange juice. When sugar mixture has cooled, add to the food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Place mixture in an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Serve as is or pair with a selection of beautiful fresh fruit and a few pieces of broken waffle cone.
Nutella Ravioli with Fresh Berries
Makes about 24
An impressive dessert to serve at your next dinner party!
1/2 jar Nutella
1 (8-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 package wonton wrappers
Powdered sugar to dust
Cocoa powder to dust
Berry dessert sauce
Fresh berries of your choice
1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1. Blend Nutella and ricotta cheese in a food processor until smooth. Set half of the wonton wrappers on a flat surface, keeping the other half of the wrapper covered with a lightly damp towel.
2. Working quickly, place a tablespoon or so of Nutella mixture onto the middle of each wrapper. Dip your fingers in water and run alongside the edges of the wonton wrappers. Top with the remaining half of the wrappers, using your fingers to press edges together and seal. You can also use the back of a fork to press edges together and add a decorative crimp. Cover with a damp towel and set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a medium-low boil. Gently place ravioli in pot, being careful to not overfill. (The ravioli cook quickly so cook in batches to avoid overcrowding.) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or spatula to transfer ravioli to a colander or a stack of paper towels to drain.
4. To serve, place three or four ravioli on a small plate. Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa. Zig-zag chocolate sauce and berry sauce modestly across the ravioli and garnish with berries and chopped hazelnuts. Serve warm.
More recipes ideas with Nutella
>> Get our favorite Italian recipes, travel tips, decor, style & more!