Red Curry Shrimp
Shrimp and curry are made for each other – the mild briny taste and tender texture of shrimp has an affinity for the lingering heat of red curry paste. This dish features a creamy coconut sauce with a fresh citrus edge. Lemon grass can be found in the produce aisle while the fish sauce is available in the Asian food section along with the coconut milk. Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut cream
2 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
2 stems of lemon grass, white part only, finely chopped
2 tablespoons red curry paste
Zest and juice of 2 limes
2-1/2 cups coconut milk (about 1-1/2 (14-ounce) cans)
1-1/4 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 to 8 fresh basil leaves, rolled lengthwise, sliced thinly crosswise Directions:
1. Heat coconut cream in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onion, lemon grass, curry paste and lime zest and juice. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and bring to a low boil.
2. Add shrimp and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Stir in fish sauce and brown sugar. Ladle into bowls over your choice of cooked rice and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
A vegetarian dish chockfull of flavor, fiber and other healthful nutrients. Lentils cook quickly and go deliciously well with warm curry and rich coconut milk. Despite being high in saturated fat, coconut is composed of a type of saturated fat that is actually believed to boost metabolism. Additionally, coconut milk contains lauric acid, which makes it healthfully akin to mother's milk. (Try these coconut lover's recipes
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
1 cup yellow or green lentils, rinsed
2-1/4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup diced tomatoes, canned or fresh
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups cooked jasmine rice Directions:
1. Place butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add curry and onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add lentils and broth, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir occasionally to make sure lentils aren't sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a simmer. After 5 minutes, stir in coconut milk and cook, stirring, until curry is heated through. Ladle over rice and serve warm.
Serves 4 Ingredients:
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 small jalapeno, seeded, minced
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
Fresh cilantro leaves Directions:
1. Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring often, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Return chicken to the pan and combine well with the onion mixture. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. For a thicker sauce, remove cover and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes or until desired consistency. Serve with rice, pita bread or pasta. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Even more curry good recipes Slow Cooker Curry Pork Roast with Cherry Orange Sauce Buttered Curry Apple Cider
Curried Shrimp with Sugar Snap Peas Turkey and Curried Rice Casserole Curried Potato Salad with Chia Seeds