If you are looking for impressive, yet easy to make appetizers for upcoming holiday parties, consider these bacon-wrapped scallop skewers. These are sweet and smoky holiday hors d'oeuvres everyone will love.
Adapted from Red Lobster's brand new Wood-Fire Grill menu, Chef Michael LaDuke's signature peach bourbon barbecue glaze adds amazing flavor to this recipe.
Peach bourbon barbecue scallops
Makes 6 skewers (with 4 scallops per skewer)
- 24 scallops
- 6 two-prong metal skewer for scallops
- olive oil
- 24 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peach bourbon barbecue sauce (see below)
Peach bourbon barbecue sauce :
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup ripe fresh or frozen peaches (peeled, seeded and chopped), or substitute peach preserves
- 2 1/2 Tbsp bourbon
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop and place four scallops on a one two-pronged skewer so they don't turn. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Brush both sides of the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place the scallops on a medium hot grill. Grill scallops for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Take them off the grill when they are about 80 percent done.
- Add the peach bourbon barbecue sauce during the last moments of cooking or when the cooking is complete for added flavor.
For the sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring for 8-10 minutes, allowing the alcohol to cook down.
- Cool and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
More holiday recipes
Holiday salad recipes
Best Christmas cookies
Homemade egg nog recipes