Warm And Hearty Seafood Stew
Instead of your traditional holiday recipes, try mixing things up a bit with these delicious seafood recipes. Enjoy the Lobster, Shrimp & Scallop Cioppino. This hearty, warm stew is perfect on a cold night.
(page 2 of 2)
If you're looking for a unique menu accompaniment for Thanksgiving
or any other occasion, try Seafood Macaroni and Cheese. Shrimp, lobster and crab add a fresh twist to this classic comfort food
Seafood macaroni and cheese
Courtesy of Red Lobster
Senior Executive Chef Michael LaDuke
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mild white cheddar
- 2 cups penne pasta cooked
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked shrimp small dice
- 1/4 cup lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup cooked lobster meat
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Over medium heat, melt butter and add flour to make roux. Stir constantly using caution not to brown butter. Reserve roux.
2. In heavy bottom saucepan on medium, heat milk. When milk is warm, add Jack and cheddar cheeses, stirring constantly.
3. Continue to cook milk cheese mixture until cheeses are completely melted and incorporated into sauce.
4. Stir roux into warm sauce. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, sauce should thicken slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add cooked pasta and seafood to sauce and mix well. Leave on stove for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly so sauce does not stick on bottom of pan
6. Place mac and cheese in bowl and top with parmesan cheese