Makes 16 servings
1 can whole water chestnuts, each cut in half
1/2 pound bacon, slices cut in half
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup tomato-based chili sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap a chestnut half with a half piece of bacon. Arrange rolls seam side down in a baking dish.
2. Bake rolls for 30 minutes or until crispy. Drain off the fat. In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, brown sugar and chili sauce. Spoon sauce over rolls and bake another 20 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
Salt and black pepper to taste
6 thin slices of ham
6 slices Muenster cheese
12 slices bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Lay 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast.
2. Fold chicken in half and wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast. Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Makes 8 servings
Be daring with your dessert and sprinkle candied bacon over vanilla ice cream or add it to bread pudding - the contrasts in taste are surprisingly divine.
16 pieces thick-sliced bacon
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange bacon on a foil-lined tray. Bake bacon until crispy, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease from bacon.
2. Pour syrup over bacon. Put bacon back in oven and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until bacon is golden. Take pan out of oven and move bacon to a rack set over paper towels. Let cool for 5 minutes or until crispy. Crumble to serve.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!