Celebrate the fruits of late summer and serve this artfully composed salad on a warm fall evening. If you prefer, cook chicken breasts on your outdoor grill rather than indoor on a skillet. Cut them into strips before adding to this colorful, satisfying salad.
For the vinaigrette:
For the salad:
2. Meanwhile, spread the greens on four plates. Arrange the warm chicken strips and peach slices over the greens. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with blueberries. Serve immediately.
Chinese wheat-flour noodles, with their curly shape and tender texture, form a delectable foundation for the vegetables and chicken, all flavored with a hint of ginger and plum. To make the most efficient use of your time, start a pot of boiling water to cook the noodles before you start the chicken.
1 tablespoon canola oil
12 ounces chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 cups asparagus in 2-inch pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
3 green onions, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2/3 cup Gingered Plum Dressing (see below)
4 ounces Chinese wheat-flour noodles
3 cups salad spinach
2. Reduce heat to low. Add 1/3 cup dressing and stir gently until warm, taking care that the vinaigrette does not evaporate.
3. Drop noodles into a pan of boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain well and rinse with cool water. Drain again and pour into a medium-sized bowl. Add the remaining dressing and toss until evenly combined.
4. To serve, spread noodles on four plates and add a layer of spinach. Top with warm stir-fried chicken and vegetables and serve.
Gingered Plum Dressing: Whisk together 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, 2 tablespoons Chinese plum sauce, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
The pronounced flavor of hazelnut oil is especially pleasing on bitter greens such as Belgian endive. An artful arrangement of greens topped with chicken, pears and hazelnuts creates a memorable salad indeed.
For the chicken:
For the vinaigrette:
To complete the recipe:
2. While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Lightly brush the pear slices with oil and cook on the preheated grill pan for 10 to 15 seconds per side or just until the grill markings become light brown. Transfer to a plate.
3. To assemble the salads, arrange the endive and leaf lettuce on four plates. Slice the chicken into thin strips and arrange atop with greens along with the pear slices. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with pepper and garnish with feat and hazelnuts.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!