More Than Friends
An e-mail here, a smile there. Maybe that "innocent" friendship with your guy friend isn't so innocent after all...
(page 5 of 6)
Are You in an Emotional Affair?You've probably crossed the line if you've:* Touch your male friend in "legal" ways, like picking lint off his blazer.
* Pay extra attention to how you look before you see him.
* Think crush-like thoughts like, He'd love this song!
* Tell him more details about your day than you do your partner.
* No longer feel comfortable telling your husband about this person and begin to cover up your relationship.
* Experience increasing sexual tension; you admit your attraction to him but also insist to yourself that you would never act on it.It's about to get physical when you:
* Find yourself feeling vulnerable and turn to the other man for support rather than to your husband or a trusted relative or girlfriend.
* Accelerate the level of intimacy through sexual or suggestive talk over e-mail or the phone.
* Put yourself in a situation where the two of you could be alone.To fortify your marriage:
* Stay honest with your husband. Share with him all your hopes, triumphs, and failures â€” as well as your attractions and temptations, which will help keep you from acting on them.
* Make time for just the two of you on a regular basis â€” away from the kids, your friends, and family.
* Surround yourself with happily married friends who don't believe in fooling around. Having positive, emotionally connected role models will help you stay on track.