Chocolate and mint are made for each other - particularly in the summer when the need for refreshing coolness is as great as the want for a decadently satisfying dessert. Now there is a light and fluffy way to enjoy both of these two impeccably paired treats. You can sink your teeth into a new 3 Musketeers Mint candy bar for a refreshing chocolate mint escape (and with 45 percent less fat than the average chocolate candy bar). Or you can get creative with your minty fresh chocolate bars and create an extra indulgent dessert. Try one of these lusciously cool chocolate mint desserts featuring frozen 3 Musketeers Mint.
Chocolate Mint Dessert Recipes
Recipes courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann, host of Simply Delicioso
on the Food Network
Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Pie
Serves 4 to 6
4 ounces Dove dark chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
1 prepared graham cracker piecrust
3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
4 full-size 3 Musketeers Mint bars (8 total pieces), frozen for 1 hour
1 small container whipped topping
Chocolate and green candy sprinkles, for garnish
1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth. Using a spatula or pastry brush, coat the inside of the piecrust with a thin layer of the melted chocolate. Place in refrigerator and allow it to chill briefly to set the chocolate, about 5 minutes.
2. Place the ice cream in a large chilled glass bowl and allow it to soften until pliable. Place the 3 Musketeers Mint bars in a food processor and pulse them until they are finely chopped. Mix the chopped candy with the ice cream, using two large spoons to press the ice cream and mix it thoroughly.
3. Remove the pie shell from the refrigerator, spoon in the ice cream and smooth the top. Freeze the pie for 1 hour or until well set. Top with whipped topping, then sprinkle the top with the candy sprinkles in whatever design you wish. Slice and serve immediately.
Chocolate Mint Frappuccino
3 tablespoons espresso powder
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup 3 Musketeers Mint Minis, frozen (about 15)
1 cup ice cubes
1 cup vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1. Mix the espresso powder with the hot water until dissolved and set aside until it has completely cooled.
2. Place the 3 Musketeers Mint Minis, ice cubes and cooled espresso in a blender and blend until the ice and candy are thoroughly broken up.
3.Add the ice cream and condensed milk and blend until smooth and thick. Serve immediately in chilled glasses.
Dark Chocolate Mint Raspberry Pudding
Serves 4 to 6
1 (4 serving size) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
2 cups whole milk
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
8 3 Musketeers Dark Chocolate Mint bars (16 total pieces), frozen
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk pudding mix with milk and chill until set, about 10 minutes. Gently fold in raspberries and return to the refrigerator.
2. In a food processor, pulverize the frozen candy bars. Line eight small dessert ramekins with the crushed bars, saving a few teaspoons.
3. Spoon the pudding into the dishes and top with the remaining crushed candy bars before serving.
New 3 Musketeers Mint are available in singles, minis, 2-to-Go and Fun Size 8-packs (which also offer portion control with two smaller bars instead of a single larger bar). You can purchase 3 Musketeers Mint candy bars at select supermarkets, convenience stores and other mass retailers. Visit 3 Musketeers
for nutritional info and additional delicious chocolate mint recipes.
And for more refreshing summer treats and chocolate desserts, check these recipes:
Chocolate and wine: Cocoa Vinoso
Summer Berries in Warm Sabayon Glaze
Refreshing summer cocktails
Peachy recipes for summer
Ice cream: Creamy comfort food or diet-damaging dessert