Quick recipes with goat brie cheese
, makers of delectable goat chevrai and goat brie, recommend that you allow brie cheese to age to fully enjoy its distinctive flavor. The longer the cheese ripens, the creamier and more intense the flavor.
To properly serve brie, remove it from the refrigerator and allow it warm to room temperature in its wrapper for 30 minutes. Serving the cheese at room temperature will emphasize its relatively mild aroma and buttery-soft interior. Here are some quick and simple ways to enjoy goat brie.
- Melt Woolwich goat brie on a toasted baguette and top with caramelized onions or fig jam.
- Spread brie on a pumpernickel round, topped with a bit of caviar, or sliver of smoked salmon and dill sprig. Or spread on a round of black bread and top with sugared chopped pecans.
- Stuff brie into fresh dates or figs and top with cherry preserves and chopped, salty nuts.
- Cover goat brie in honey and chopped pistachios as a cheese plate centerpiece when entertaining.
- Fold goat brie into omelets or add to scrambled eggs and frittatas for a great brunch or light supper main dish.
- Roll goat brie up in thin seared chicken or veal cutlets, finish cooking meat as cheese melts in oven.
- Melt goat brie on baked potatoes when piping hot.
- Add goat brie to hot pasta and toss with grilled shrimp, scallops or chicken plus your favorite vegetables for a quick, satisfying entree.
- Place thin slices of goat brie on flatbread or focaccia with caramelized onions and heat until cheese melts.
Or try the following superb summer recipes featuring this creamy white cheese, courtesy of Woolwich Dairy.
Grilled Goat Brie with Summer Fruit Compote
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 peach, pitted, diced
1/2 pear, diced
1 plum, pitted, diced
1/3 mango, peeled, diced
1/4 cup diced pineapple
1 wheel of Woolwich Dairy Goat Brie
3 tablespoons whipped creamDirections:
1. Heat water and honey in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add fruit and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until liquid has thickened. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean grill and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place brie on grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
3. Place on a serving platter and spoon fruit sauce on top. Serve whipped cream on the side. Brie can be served warm or cold with sweet crackers or bread slices.
*If using an oven, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and place brie on a greased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until soft.
Goat Brie Cheese Burgers on Ciabatta
1 wheel Woolwich Dairy Goat Brie
4 fresh jumbo beef burger patties
3/4 cup tomato or fruit salsa
3 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ciabatta or burger bunsDirections:
1. Slice goat brie into quarter-inch strips and set aside. Preheat grill to medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook burgers on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes or until burgers are almost done.
2. Place cheese on the burgers. Top each with salsa and basil and drizzle with olive oil. Reduce the heat and close the grill lid to allow toppings to warm and melt. Serve on toasted ciabatta or buns.
For more delicious recipes and information on goat cheese and other fine cheeses, visit Norseland
. You can also check out these healthy goat cheese recipes
featuring Woolwich Dairy Chevrai. And if you are opting to purchase cheese from companies with an eco-conscience, give these Fiscalini eco-friendly cheese recipes