Fabulous & Fresh
This summer, create fresh fruit desserts that your whole family will love such as this fabulous upside-down peach pie. Using fresh California peaches combined with other wonderful ingredients, including pecans, ginger and cinnamon, you can make this terrific pie.
(page 2 of 2)
Nectarine neufchatel cheesecake
Makes 8 Servings
- 12 ounce Neufchatel (1/3 less fat cream cheese), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cup fat-free plain or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 (6-oz.) ready-to-use natural graham cracker pie crust (with no trans fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 fresh California nectarines, pitted and diced
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and extracts with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add egg whites and eggs, beat just until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake for 35 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool on rack, then refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled.
- Whisk together honey and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add nectarines and mint and toss gently.
- Just before serving, top each slice with nectarine mixture. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Per serving: 280 calories, 8g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 16g total fat, 60mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 1g fiber.
Courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement
More dessert recipes
Puff pastry twists
Peach recipes for summer
Gluten-free banana cake