Coconut oatmeal cookies
Crisp and Light Coconut Cookies
Your kids will love crunching into a couple of coconut oatmeal cookies when they get home from school. You may find yourself eating them with a big glass of milk, too.
The combination of coconut and oatmeal adds a bit of healthiness to these deliciously sweet cookies.
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two large baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Place butter and syrup in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is bubbling.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and boiling water. Stir this in to the butter mixture. Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto baking sheets, allowing room for baked cookies to spread. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool and become crunchy.
Recipe courtesy of Personal Chef Michele Thompson, MS
More oatmeal cookie recipes
Walnut raisin cookie recipe
Vegan oatmeal raisin cookie recipe
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe
Recommended for You