Baking delicious moist cakes, cookies, and brownies can be a challenge during Passover. With a few innovative recipe modifications, you can deliciously sweeten the conclusion of your kosher meals with these mouth-watering Passover dessert recipes - you won't even miss the flour!
Kosher Passover Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Espresso Torte
Makes 12 servings
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar (plus 1 extra tablespoon)
1 cup espresso plus 2 tablespoons espresso, brewed
16 ounces semisweet chocolate
6 whole eggs
6 egg yolks
Kosher confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or margarine. Cover with a round of wax paper.
2. Combine butter, sugar and espresso in a metal bowl that is set over a pot of simmering water (or use a double boiler). Heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
3. Pour hot sugar mixture over chocolate in a bowl and mix until chocolate melts and set aside. Whisk eggs and yolks until frothy. Mix into the chocolate mixture and spoon in prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until edges just begin to crack. Take pan out of oven and let cool. When cooled, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Take sides off of pan and top with
Chocolate Almond Brownies
Makes 24 servings
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
5 eggs, separated
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
6 ounces finely ground almonds
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks.
2. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave. Mix into butter mixture and Stir in almonds. In a clean, dry bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff. Use a spatula to fold egg whites into
3. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool in pan. Invert onto a cutting board and slice into squares.
Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies
2 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup broken pecans
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in sugar, then vanilla and salt, beating until shiny and stiff.
2. Fold pecans and chocolate chips into batter. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets. Place cookies in hot oven and shut the door. Turn off oven and let them sit overnight.
For more Passover recipes and ideas, visit these:
Stay healthy during Passover with these kosher recipes
It is not your grandmother's kosher wine
Kosher Wines on the Sheknows.com Shopping Channel