Makes 12 servings
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar (plus 1 extra tablespoon)
1 cup espresso plus 2 tablespoons espresso, brewed
16 ounces semisweet chocolate
6 whole eggs
6 egg yolks
Kosher confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or margarine. Cover with a round of wax paper.
2. Combine butter, sugar and espresso in a metal bowl that is set over a pot of simmering water (or use a double boiler). Heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
3. Pour hot sugar mixture over chocolate in a bowl and mix until chocolate melts and set aside. Whisk eggs and yolks until frothy. Mix into the chocolate mixture and spoon in prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until edges just begin to crack. Take pan out of oven and let cool. When cooled, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Take sides off of pan and top with extra sugar.
Makes 24 servings
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
5 eggs, separated
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
6 ounces finely ground almonds
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks.
2. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave. Mix into butter mixture and Stir in almonds. In a clean, dry bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff. Use a spatula to fold egg whites into chocolate batter.
3. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool in pan. Invert onto a cutting board and slice into squares.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
2 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup broken pecans
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in sugar, then vanilla and salt, beating until shiny and stiff.
2. Fold pecans and chocolate chips into batter. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets. Place cookies in hot oven and shut the door. Turn off oven and let them sit overnight.
For more Passover recipes and ideas, visit these:
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!