Banana Cake: A Gluten-Free Recipe
If you or someone in your family suffers from celiac disease, it may be difficult to find dessert recipes that are not just gluten-free, but also delicious.
Here is a wonderful gluten-free dessert that your whole family will love.
Gluten-free Banana Cake
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup rice flour
- Three mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds, ground
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat yolks, melted butter and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Add flour, beating to a smooth consistency.
- Mix in mashed bananas, soy milk, vanilla and nuts.
- Fold mixture into whites.
- Grease bottom of a tube pan or square baking pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn pan upside down and allow to cool.
- Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
You can also substitute almond flour, potato flour, gluten-free all purpose flour or other flours without gluten.
More gluten-free dessert recipes
Gluten-free raspberry souffles
Gluten-free hazelnut cake
Gluten-free holiday desserts