Glutenfreeda.com is an online gluten-free cooking magazine. The magazine has the largest collection of gluten-free recipes in the world and is patterned after mainstream cooking magazines. Each monthly issue includes new recipes, cooking classes, product testing, and food and fitness related articles. Here is a wonderful gluten-free recipe for Raspberry Soufflés with Custard Sauce, courtesy of Glutenfreeda.
Servings: Serves 8
* 1 pint raspberries
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 5 egg whites
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 5 egg yolks
* 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 Tablespoon vanilla
2. Add sugar to remaining milk in pan. Stir until completely dissolved.
3. Add egg yolks and cornstarch to a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add milk in pan to bowl of egg yolks, whisking just until smooth.
4. Place mixture back into saucepan and cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
5. Remove from heat and add in reserved milk. Stir to blend and strain mixture into a bowl. Stir in vanilla and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use. If you are not going to use sauce right away, store in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Add raspberries with 1/2 of the sugar to a food processor and process until smooth. Strain raspberry mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until glossy. Add about 1/4 of egg whites to raspberry puree and fold together until blended. Add remaining egg whites to raspberry mixture and fold together until mixture is even in color.
5. Spoon mixture into ramekins and set them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and just start to turn golden on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
Pool custard sauce on individual dessert plates and top each with a soufflé ramekin. Serve immediately.
For more information on living gluten-free, see these articles & recipes!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!