Entertaining at your home doesn't have to be a hassle. If you are having guests over for dinner, don't stress yourself out by making things too difficult. Choose easy recipes that are simple to make yet also delicious. This recipe for baby cheese burgers adds a interesting twist by incorporating seafood right into the burgers.
The experts from Salads of the Sea, maker of Cajun Krab Dip, the nation's number-one selling refrigerated seafood dip, know that even elegant entertainment can be easy when armed with the rights tools and tricks, including:
It's Never Too Early
Avoid an entertaining disaster by planning your menu early to ensure you have everything required to host with the most. Many appetizers, casseroles and desserts can be made days ahead and stored in the refrigerator until needed. Also, keeping snack items like veggies and dip handy allows for last-minute entertaining and unexpected guests.
Don't Make It, Fake It
With help from your local supermarket, you don't have to slave in the kitchen to prepare the perfect "homemade" dish. Try combining fresh ingredients with prepared products to create original menu items, like seafood-stuffed party peppers. Simply seed and halve hot or sweet peppers and stuff liberally with your favorite Salads of the Sea dip or spread, then enjoy!
Keep it Simple
Rather than going gourmet, everyday hosts should stick to the basics. Even simple burgers, like this seafood cheese baby burgers, can make big impressions:
Seafood Cheese Baby Burgers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 8-oz. container Salads of the Sea® Seafood Cheese Spread
- 8 mini hamburger buns
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced onion
- Lettuce or baby greens
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Form ground beef into eight 2-oz patties.
- Use your fingers to create a hole in the center of each patty, and then fill each with one teaspoon of seafood cheese spread.
- Form beef to cover hole before cooking burgers on grill or skillet to desired temperature.
- Place cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on each mini bun.
- Place cooked patty on top of each and serve.