Eggs And Bacon
Fluffy scrambled eggs and perfectly crisp bacon make an exemplary morning meal. No need to drag yourself to the local diner for this quintessential eye-opener, making the ultimate eggs and bacon plate is easier than you think.
Since breakfast is the most essential meal of the day, it goes without saying that the dishes you eat should be worth your waking. At best, a mound of steamy scrambled eggs and a rasher of smoky bacon can be the most remarkable sunrise sustenance or, at worst, an insipid greasy excuse for a meal. If you have had bad bacon and egg experiences, you will never again wake up to runny eggs or limp strips of pork with the following two recipes.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, cream of tartar and salt; beat vigorously for 2 minutes or until eggs are evenly colored and slightly froth. Do not overbeat eggs.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, pour in egg mixture. Allow to cook for 1 minute or until the bottom of the egg mixture is just starting to set. Place the edge of a spatula at the edge of the egg mixture and push spatula through to the opposite edge, allowing uncooked egg to redistribute.
- Continue this until egg mixture is no longer runny. Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a serving plate.
Crisp Fried Bacon
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. No need to spray with cooking spray because of the high fat content of the bacon.
- Lay strips of bacon in the skillet next to each other without overlapping. The bacon will start sizzling and popping as the skillet heats up.
- Allow bacon to cook until it starts to wrinkle and releases from the bottom of the skillet. Use tongs to turn bacon over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep turning bacon until it is crisp, red-brown in color, and no longer shows any white or pink areas.
- Transfer to a stack of paper towels to drain and serve warm.
More breakfast recipes
Quick and healthy breakfast fruit recipes
Healthy oatmeal recipes for kids
Egg white Western omelet recipe