Pecan pie is a favorite in the South and this chocolate version is certainly delicious. Using semisweet chocolate chips, this yummy pie is very easy to make. Your whole family will love it!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted
- Dash of salt
- Combine flour, butter, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Process until mixture becomes coarse crumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water into mixture. Process just until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into ball. Flatten and wrap dough in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Roll out chilled dough on floured surface into 12-inch circle. Transfer to glass pie dish.
- Flatten and crimp edges.
- Stir chocolate and butter in pan over low heat until melted. Let cool slightly.
- Mix brown sugar, eggs and salt in large bowl with a fork to blend.
- Whisk in corn syrup and chocolate.
- Sprinkle pecans over unbaked crust.
- Pour filling over pecans.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling becomes puffed, about 1 hour.
- Cool pie completely before serving.