Tasmanian Devil Thai Noodles
8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
1 cup fresh snow peas
1 tablespoons water
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1/ 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds (for garnish)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
Chopped cilantro and green onion tops (optional garnish)
1. Cook spaghetti al dente in boiling water and drain. Keep warm or at room temperature.
2. Place snow peas and water in microwave-safe dish and microwave for 1 minute to steam. Drain and set aside.
3. Put peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and cayenne pepper into a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine ingredients. Stir in steamed snow peas and uncooked grated carrots.
4. Put spaghetti into serving bowl, add the vegetable-sauce mixture, and toss together using tongs. Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, and cilantro and green onions tops if desired.
5. Serving Suggestions: Serve with fresh fruit.
Recipe from BATTER UP KIDS: Sensational Snacks (Gibbs Smith; October 2005; $19.95/Hardcover; ISBN: 1-58685-798-3).