An elegant alternative to bowls of dip sitting on the table for guests to spoon out themselves, serve them miniature roasted vegetables stuffed with your favorite dip and toasted until warm.
Another plus: Veggies are loaded with nutrients, low in calories, and generally lower in carbohydrates as compared to crackers or toasts.
Vegetables to try:
- Baby zucchini and summer squash, halved lengthwise, hollowed
- Small tomatoes, halved, seeded
- Baby eggplant, halved lengthwise, hollowed
- Sweet peppers, stem end trimmed, seeded
- Small onions, boiled, halved, hollowed
To prepare vegetables:Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Place vegetables on baking sheet and roast until vegetables are softened and slightly charred, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables.
Remove baking sheet from oven and fill vegetables with dip.
Return baking sheet to oven and roast for 5 minutes or until dip is bubbly and warm. Serve vegetables warm.
Want dip recipes? Look here!