1. Wash your hands.
2. Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat on medium.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine pancake mix and water, according to package directions.
4. Put batter into a plastic bag. Cut off a small corner and squeeze the bag to make letters on skillet.
5. Cook on first side until bubbles form on top. Turn, and cook until golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet and top with powdered sugar, if desired.
Per serving: 20g carbohydrate; less than 1g dietary fiber; 3g protein; 1.5g fat (0g saturated); 5mg cholesterol; 350mg sodium; 110 calories.
For younger children and kids who are first-time pancake makers, an adult should explain and demonstrate what can seem like a scary process: "The skillet (griddle) needs to preheat while you're mixing pancake batter. You'll know the skillet (griddle) is ready if water drops sizzle and dance, rather than just sit there, when sprinkled on top of the cooking surface"
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!