This skillet recipe makes one giant-size chocolate chip cookie -- and offers a get way to get your kids in the kitchen and cooking!
1/2 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream together the sugars and the butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla and add eggs one at a time.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Dough will be stiff.
4. Using a large spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spray a 10-inch skillet (with an ovenproof metal or wooden handle) with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Pat cookie dough into skillet and bake approximately 30 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
7. Cool for 15 minutes, then slice.
Recipe from BATTER UP KIDS: Delicious Desserts (Gibbs Smith; 2004; $19.95/Hardcover; ISBN: 1-58685-365-1).
Points & Prizes Keyword: SKILLET worth 50 points good through 12/16/07