Edamame are specialty varieties of soybeans harvested in the green stage. They are also known as vegetable soybean, green vegetable soybean and sweet bean. Along with sweet peas, they make a great addition to this pasta dish.
3/4 pound whole grain bow-tie pasta
1. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour edamame and peas into boiling water with pasta and cook for two more minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente.
3. Drain into a colander and return pasta, edamame and peas to the pot.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add olive oil, salt, black pepper, mint, chives, parsley and arugula. Toss to combine.
5. Divide among eight pasta bowls and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
*Vegetarian: Replace goat cheese with a nondairy alternative or omit and add chopped toasted walnuts or hazelnuts.
Serves 8. Per serving: 31g carbs, 5g fiber, 10g protein, 5g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 122mg sodium, 3mg cholesterol, 200 calories, 45 calories from fat.