1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch of ground cumin
1/2 cup Splenda baking blend
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
2 tablespoons grated orange peel (zest)
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
3 tablespoons orange juice, more or less for a glaze consistency
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a fork or your fingers to mix until just moist. Dough will be sticky.
4. Flour your hands and turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter. Knead four to five times to bring dough together. Pat dough into a flat 8-inch disk.
5. Use a large sharp knife or a pastry cutter and divide dough into 8 wedges (cut it like a pie).
6. Place wedges on the baking sheet, leaving space between them, and bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool scones on a wire rack.
7. Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat each scone. Serve warm.
Makes 8 scones
Nutrition per scone: 32g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g protein, 2.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 400mg sodium, 57mg cholesterol, 115 calories, 22 calories from fat.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!