Pumpkin Orange Scones Recipe
Pumpkin is an excellent source folate (a B vitamin) as well as vitamins C and A. These pumpkin scones are a marvelous way to start the day and to take your vitamins!
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a fork or your fingers to mix until just moist. Dough will be sticky.
4. Flour your hands and turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter. Knead four to five times to bring dough together. Pat dough into a flat 8-inch disk.
5. Use a large sharp knife or a pastry cutter and divide dough into 8 wedges (cut it like a pie).
6. Place wedges on the baking sheet, leaving space between them, and bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool scones on a wire rack.
7. Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat each scone. Serve warm.
Makes 8 scones
Nutrition per scone: 32g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g protein, 2.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 400mg sodium, 57mg cholesterol, 115 calories, 22 calories from fat.