Sweet Healthful Goodness In A Parfait Glass
Craving something sweet but healthful? Try this low-calorie, low-fat recipe that's equally perfect as a dessert on a hot summer night or as a deliciously quick breakfast.
Tropical Granola Parfait
For Tropical Granola:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
To make parfait
1. Layer yogurt, fruit and granola (see below for recipe) in a small clear class. Try a combination of:
To make granola
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine oil, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir in oats.
3. Transfer to a baking dish and bake 15 minutes.
4. Stir in almonds, coconut and wheat germ (if desired), and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until almonds and coconut are golden and fragrant.
5. Cool and serve, or store airtight up to 1 week.