Chanterelle mushrooms nestled in fluffy, cheesy eggs give new meaning to breakfast as the most important meal of the day. This is sure to become a family favorite.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until just soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, salt, oregano, white pepper, red pepper sauce and tarragon. Add mushroom mixture to bowl and stir to combine.
6. Pour ingredients into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake on middle rack of oven until eggs are firm and cheese is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
7. To serve, cut into squares and top with your choice of sour cream, salsa, or pesto. Frittata can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator for up to two days.
Per serving: 6g carbs, 0.8g fiber, 15g protein, 15g fat, 219mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 218 calories.