5 medium red potatoes, unpeeled (about 2 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cups chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped orange or yellow bell pepper
1 rib celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1 cup soymilk
1 (12.3 ounce package) lite silken tofu
3 tablespoons mellow white miso
2 tablespoons dry vermouth
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 large basil leaves, snipped
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup frozen peas, cooked
1. Place whole, unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 40 minutes or until fork tender and cool.
2. Halve unpeeled potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices and set aside in a large bowl.
3. In a medium saucepan, warm oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery. Saute 3 minutes, sprinkle in flour, stir for 30 seconds, add 1/4 cup vermouth and stir until the consistency of a paste, about a minute or so.
4. Reduce heat to low, and add soymilk, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until thickened.
5. Place tofu in a food processor and blend.
6. In a small bowl, blend miso and 2 Tablespoons vermouth with a small wire whisk or fork. Add to the tofu with lemon juice and yeast. Stir gently into the white sauce, and add marjoram, tarragon, thyme, and peas.
7. Gently fold cream sauce into potatoes. Chill one hour or until ready to serve.
Herbed Potato Chill
Nutrition Analysis: per serving: 1 1/4 cups Protein 12g, Carbohydrate 39g, Fiber 8g, Fat 3g, Sat Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Calcium 118mg, Sodium 322 mg. Calories 234, from Protein 20%, from Carbohydrate: 67%, from Fat:13%
Traditional Potato Salad
Nutrition Analysis: per serving: 1 1/4 cups Protein 7g, Carbohydrate 30g, Fiber 6g, Fat 30g, Sat Fat 7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Calcium 127mg, Sodium 545 mg. Calories 404, from Protein 6%, from Carbohydrate: 29%, from Fat: 64%
Notes on Ingredients
Miso is a richly flavored, smooth paste fermented from soybeans. Mellow White Miso is pale beige in color with a subtle, sweet fragrance and creamy texture.
Lite Silken Tofu- Japanese style tofu is very low in fat, and has a smooth, creamy texture and custard like consistency. Widely available in aseptic packages in supermarkets and health food stores.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!