You have no excuse to skip breakfast if you have a little leftover chicken on hand. If you aren't into chicken omelets, give this breakfast melt a try. Good and gooey provolone coats flavorful chicken and juicy tomatoes. The apricot preserves add just a hint of tart sweetness.
2 teaspoons low-sugar apricot preserves
1 (1-1/2 ounce) slice of multi-grain bread, lightly toasted
1 slice cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken, no skin (leg or thigh meat)
2 (1/2 ounce each) thin slices of provolone cheese
1/2 tomato, sliced thin Directions:
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Spread multi-grain toast with apricot preserves and place on baking sheet.
3. In small bowl, mix turkey bacon and chicken.
4. Lay slices of tomato on top of apricot preserves and cover with one slice of provolone.
5. Mound chicken mixture on top and cover with remaining slice of provolone.
6. Place under broiler and cook until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
7. Serve with a small side of fresh fruit and yogurt.
Serves 1. Calories, 417; calories from fat, 180; fat, 20g; saturated fat, 11g; cholesterol, 68mg; carbs, 31g; fiber, 3g; protein, 27g; sodium, 752mg; calcium, 542mg; iron, 2mg