Popcorn shrimp nachos
Looking for a new twist on nachos? Try using shrimp and barbecue sauce to dress this spicy dish.
Shrimp nachos with barbecue sauce recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9-11 minutes
- 1 20 ounce carton frozen popcorn shrimp
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces white corn chips
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced jalapenos, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 4 scallions (both white and green), thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Cook popcorn shrimp according to package directions.
- Toss the chips, shrimp, half the cheese, and jalapenos in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with the barbecue sauce. Scatter the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts and nachos are golden on top, about 10 minutes.
- Dice the tomato and season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Scatter the tomatoes and scallions over the nachos and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
More nacho recipes
Chicken chili nachos
Spicy chicken nachos with spicy relish
Nacho grilled cheese recipe