1 cup low-fat refried beans
1/4 cup mild taco sauce or salsa
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For dipping - corn chips, baby carrots or celery
1. Remember to wash your hands!
2. Wash lid on refried beans can. Open with clean can opener.
3. In a microwave-safe medium bowl, combine beans, taco sauce and cheese. Mix gently.
4. Heat 1 minute in microwave or until cheese melts.
5. Remove bowl from microwave, using hot pads.
6. Serve warm or cold with corn chips, carrots or celery.
7. Refrigerate any leftover bean dip.
Per serving: 13g carbohydrates; 4g dietary fiber; 7g protein; 3g of fat (2g saturated); 10mg cholesterol; 390mg sodium; 110 calories.
Meat foods help build and repair the body. Beans, nuts and peanuts are also part of the meat group. Pinto beans and black beans are favorites for making refried beans. The word "frijoles" means "beans" in Spanish.
Always wash the lids of canned foods before opening because germs can be hiding there. Another important food safety rule is to clean the can opener each time it is used.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!