St Patrick's Day Cookie Pops
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12-ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- Green and yellow gumdrops
- Green Dots
- Green and yellow Nerd candies
- Cake decorating writer gel in green, yellow, red, orange, and
- Black 1 tube of green cake decorator frosting with tip green and
- Yellow decorator sugar green food coloring ice cream or lollipop
- Sticks and wax paper or paper plates
1. Spread peanut butter onto the flat side of the cookies. Place an ice cream stick into the peanut butter on half the cookies. Top with another cookie so the stick is sandwiched between the two cookies.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, one minute, then in 20 second increments, stirring until smooth. Before melting, separate the white chips into two bowls. After melting, add a few drops of green food coloring to one of the bowls of white chips to make green chocolate.
3. Dip cookie pops in the melted chips, covering completely. Sprinkle with green and yellow sugar, and place or stand on waxed paper or paper plates. Put in refrigerator to chill.
After coating with white chocolate, dip top of pop into green sugar. Slice two yellow gumdrops to make beard. Allow to dry on wax paper. Use black and red decorator gel for eyes and mouth, and for trim on hat.
Rainbow with Pot of Gold
After coating with white chocolate, cut a green Dot in half lengthwise, adhere to chocolate. Before chocolate has a chance to dry, place 3-5 yellow candy Nerds "in" pot. Create a rainbow with various colored decorator gel.
After coating with white chocolate, sprinkle with yellow decorator sugar, then draw on a shamrock using green cake decorator icing.
Four Leaf Clover
After coating with green chocolate, use green sliced gumdrops to create clover leaves. Slice a small strip out of remaining gumdrop for stem. Use a green candy Nerd for the center of the clover.
Note: Another variation is to use vanilla or chocolate frosting instead of peanut butter for the filling.
These can also be made without sticks. Use one stick to be able to dip the cookies in chocolate and roll in sprinkles, then remove the stick and put on wax paper or paper plates, then chill.