Easy to make and palate pleasing, these soups are also packed with valuable vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are essential for a well-balanced diet. When served with a mixed baby lettuce salad tossed in balsamic vinaigrette or sliced tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, you have a "souper" fast, fresh and easy low carb meal.
1. Heat chicken broth in a stockpot to a gentle, rolling boil. Remove a ladle of heated chicken broth and whisk in egg yolk.
2. Add to remaining chicken broth and stir until slightly thickened. Add sherry, soy sauce, and eggs, stirring to incorporate until eggs form into ribbons.
3. Add spinach, scallions, and tofu, if desired, and stir until spinach wilts. Serve immediately.
Per serving with tofu: 5g carbs; 1g fiber; 11.4g protein; 8.3g fat; 203mg cholesterol; 141 calories
1. Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, cooking until soft.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to a gentle boil. Add pureed red pepper, and stir until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve by pouring into bowl, swirling a tablespoon of yellow roasted pepper puree into soup, and topping with fresh basil.
Per serving: 12.3g carbs; 2.7g fiber; 2.6g protein; 4.6g fat; 3mg cholesterol; 143 calories
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot. Add onions, celery, red pepper and leek to pot and cook until soft.
2. Add tomatoes and juices, stirring to break into small pieces. Add broth, cabbage and mushrooms. Season with chile flakes, salt and pepper.
3. Cook over low heat for one hour, until cabbage and mushrooms are soft. Serve immediately, or allow to cool, and then freeze until ready to serve.
Per serving: 12.4g carbs; 3.5g fiber; 3g protein; 2.7g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 91 calories
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine turkey with soy sauce, garlic and pepper until mixed.
2. Stir in egg. Roll turkey into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake meatballs in oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
3. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onions, celery and red peppers and cook until soft.
4. Add tomatoes, chicken broth and meatballs. Cook until all ingredients are heated through, about 10 minutes.
5. Add cabbage and squeeze lime wedge over soup, seasoning with pepper sauce if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes six servings.
Per serving: 10.8g carbs; 3g fiber; 17.1g fiber; 9.7g fat; 95mg cholesterol; 209 calories.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!