1. In a medium saucepan combine Italian sausage and ground beef; brown on medium heat. Continuing browning until all fat has been rendered.
2. Add onions, bell pepper, garlic, green onions, and basil; continue cooking at medium heat until vegetables are caramelized, or until they turn golden and develop a sweet flavor.
3. Take off heat; add salt, pepper, and bread crumbs; blend. Let cool.
4. Season each pork tenderloin with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
5. Using a knife steel, push through one end of each of the pork tenderloins to make a hole for the stuffing. Fill each pork tenderloin with one-half of the stuffing mixture.
6. Bake both pork tenderloins at 360 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked (with an internal temperature of 145 to 160 degrees F). Do not overcook.
Makes 6 (10-ounce) servings.
Per 10-ounce serving: 343 calories, 126 calories from fat, 38 calories from saturated fat, 14g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 146mg cholesterol, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 46g protein, 1,093mg sodium, 40mg calcium
-- Based on recipe from Marc Gilberti, executive chef, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!