Pork, sage and onion stuffing recipe
This is a traditional English recipe. The advantage of this stuffing is that it contains no fruit, is particularly low in carbs, but still has a delicious flavor.
Yields 15 (3/4-cup) servings
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter, then fry the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and mix to combine.
- Weigh the turkey after stuffing to calculate the complete roasting time. Roast as directed on the package.
Per serving: 1.8 grams carbs, 0.6 grams fiber, 16 grams total fat, 48 milligrams cholesterol, 11 grams protein, 123 mg sodium, 196 calories