Creamy Trout Cups
Makes four (2 "muffin cup") servings
1-1/2 pounds trout fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons butter
4-ounce jar mushrooms, drained and chopped (reserve juice)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons reserved juice from mushrooms
1/4 cup water or chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Season cleaned, dry fish fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Slice into even strips about one-inch wide, reserving all trimmings. (You need eight strips total.)
4. Grease an eight-cup muffin pan lightly with oil.
5. Roll the eight strips up and place one in each muffin cup.
6. Chop remaining fish and set aside.
7. Saute the mushrooms and onions in the butter until softened.
8. Add cream, reserved mushroom juice, and water or stock, and continue to cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half.
9. Combine mushroom sauce with reserved chopped fish and divide over tops of fish swirls.
10. Sprinkle parsley over all. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with fork.
Per serving: 2.5g carbohydrates; 0.7g fiber; 29.7g protein; 14.9g fat; 167.0 mg cholesterol; 551.7mg sodium; 268.1 calories