Cream the following ingredients:
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Add to mixture:
2 -1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Refrigerate dough for one to two hours.
1. Half the dough and roll out one half on floured surface. Leave remainder in refrigerator.
2. Use holiday cookie cutters to cut out cookies.
3. Create the paint for the cookies by mixing about 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk with food coloring. Use reds, greens, yellows, etc... and mix with evaporated milk to make the "paint" for the cookies. Use small paint brushes to paint the cookies.
4. Bake cookies on lightly greased cookie sheet for 8-9 minutes at 350 degrees F.
5. Mix powdered sugar and water to make a thin glaze. Brush the glaze over the cookies while they are still warm.
Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet before they cool, or they will stick.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!