Ideas for a low-carb BBQ feast!
2. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; stir for about three minutes. Make sure onion is tender.
3. Add wine, tomato paste, red peppers and thyme; blend well.
4. In a small bowl, mix together broth and cornstarch until smooth.
5. Add to pepper mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
6. Sauce should be thickened slightly. Stir occasionally. Set aside, keeping sauce warm.
7. Cut steak into square pieces.
8. Mix pepper, salt, paprika and one clove of garlic in a bowl.
9. Coat beef with the seasoning mixture.
10. Put beef pieces onto six 12-inch metal skewers.
11. Place kabobs on grill over medium heat or ash-covered coals.
12. Close grill cover and cook for nine minutes for medium rare to medium doneness. Turn once.
13. Serve with sauce.
14. Makes six servings.
Per serving: 8g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 9g fat; 235 calories