A fresh, minty mojito is the perfect summertime drink! Here's a recipe so you can make it at home.
Classic mint mojito recipe
- 1-1/2 ounces clear white rum
- 10 whole mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 lime wedges
- Splash of lime-flavored soda
- Crushed ice
- Mixing glass
- Shaker tin
- Fill mixing glass half-way with crushed ice. Add rum, mint leaves and sugar. Muddle until mint leaves are crushed to pea-sized bits and sugar is dissolved.
- Squeeze lime wedges and drop into glass. Cover with shaker tin and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice, top with a splash of soda and garnish with a mint sprig.
Per serving (minus splash of soda): 36g carbs; 1g fiber; 1g protein; trace fat; 0mg cholesterol; 6mg sodium; 229 calories