Louisiana-style roast beef recipe
Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds beef sirloin tip roast
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine onions, celery, green pepper (known as the "holy trinity"), melted butter, pepper, garlic, dry mustard and cayenne pepper in a bowl and mix together.
- Place beef sirloin roast in a large roasting pan, with the fat side up.
- Cut 6 to 12 slits in meat to form small pockets to about 1/2 inch above the bottom of the roast.
- Add the veggie mix to the pockets of the roast.
- Cook uncovered in oven for about three hours. Make sure meat thermometer reads about 160 degrees F.
Per serving: : 435 Calories; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 17g Fat; 64g Protein; 192mg Cholesterol; 232mg Sodium.
More roast beef recipes
Roast beef and onion grilled cheese
Roast beef and Brie baguettes
How to cook beef tenderloin