What could be better than the decadent indulgence of a homemade work of art? A homemade work of art with the flavors of raspberry and chocolate might do it! Intrigued? Check out this award-winning cheesecake recipe.
Creative cooks and their lucky loved ones will be inspired by Mary Lou Richards' chocoalte raspberry cheesecake recipe, which won the 2005 Ohio State Fair's Best of Show.
Chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Fresh mint leaves
- Whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and confectioners' sugar and stir in melted butter.
- Press the mixture on the bottom of 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Combine raspberries and sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add eggs, one at a time, cornstarch and vanilla and mix well (be careful not to overbeat).
- Divide the batter in half and stir one cup of the melted chocolate into half of the batter, then pour it over the crust.
- Gently stir the raspberry mixture into the remaining batter.
- Beginning on the outer edge and working into the center, spoon the raspberry batter over the chocolate batter.
- Place the springform pan into a shallow baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when the pan is gently shaken.
- Cool the pie for 15 to 20 minutes, then gently loosen the side of the cheesecake from the pan, but don't remove it. Cool it completely before removing the springform pan, then cover and chill four hours or overnight.
- Drizzle with additional melted chocolate chips and garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
This recipe was provided courtesy the Ohio Poultry Association (OPA). The recipe is one of several featured in a recipe booklet: Champion Cheesecakes: Recipes for Every Season, produced by the American Dairy Association & Dairy Council Mideast (ADADC) and OPA.
More cheesecake recipes
Pumpkin cheesecake recipe
Mini no-bake brownie batter cheesecake recipe
New York cheesecake recipe