Wild Rice and Chicken in Wine Sauce
- 1 package (6.3 oz.) Near East Roasted Vegetable & Chicken Long Grain & Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 chicken thighs or breasts, skinned (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms or zucchini, sliced
1. Prepare Near East rice according to package directions.
2. In small bowl, whisk wine, water, garlic powder and cornstarch until well blended. Set aside.
3. Rub chicken with Italian seasonings. In medium skillet, heat oil and cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.
4. Add wine sauce and mushrooms and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and is bubbly. Serve over prepared rice.
This recipe provided by Quaker Oats