- 1/2 (12-ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter 2 tablespoons prepared sesame vinaigrette or Chinese chicken salad vinaigrette 1 (6-ounce) package fresh grilleed chicken breast strips.
- Place 1 inch water in a medium pot and add broccoli. Cover, turn heat to high and bring to boil. Steam broccoli for 3 to 4 minutes, untl tender-crisp and still bright green. Drain and refrigerate broccoli for 20 minutes to chill. (This can be done ahead of time).
- Meanwhile, stir together almond butter and sesame dressing in a small bowl.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Thread chicken and broccoli, alternating, onto 6 skewers.
- To serve, divide sauce among 2 small bowls or ramekins and place them on two small plates. Divide skewers among plates and serve. Tip: By multiplying the quantity of almond butter and sesame dressing, you can have a dipping sauce to use all week for vegetables, chicken, shrimp and more.
Nutritional analysis: 270 calories, 13g fat, 1.8g saturated fat, 9g carbs, 31g protein, 3g fiber, 384mg sodium.
About this recipe: Recipe courtesy of the Almond Board of California.