These pepperoni pinwheels may look tricky to create, but they're actually pretty simple. And even better — they taste delicious.
Pepperoni pinwheel recipe
- 1 box frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 40 HORMEL® Pepperoni slices
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Thaw the puff pastry, then roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut one puff pastry sheet into 4 squares with a pizza cutter.
- Cut 2-inch lines down each side toward the center of the square.
- Place a tablespoon of ricotta in the center of the dough and spread it out.
- Place 1 tablespoon of marinara on the ricotta and spread it around.
- Place 5 pepperonis on the marinara and fold each corner to the center creating a smaller square.
- Take the same corner of each piece and fold it to the center creating your pinwheel.
- Place it on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix your egg and water to create an egg wash.
- Using a pastry brush, brush your pinwheels with the egg wash.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden-brown.
This post was sponsored by Hormel Foods.
Foods We'll All Be Obsessed With in 2017, According to Pinterest
15 Kids' Foods Adults Need to Reclaim
Quick Empanadas Your Kids Will Gladly Eat