Here's an easy trick for making hot cocoa extra special — turn it into red velvet hot cocoa. And if you make it in your slow cooker, you can have it warming at home while you go out to build a snowman. By the time you return, there's a bright, chocolaty treat waiting for you.
More: Dress up your brownies in red velvet and cheesecake swirls for the holidays
Slow cooker red velvet hot cocoa recipes
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the milk and granulated sugar in slow cooker and heat on high until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the chocolate with a wire whisk until it's melted. Stir in food coloring and vanilla. Pour into serving cups.
- To serve, put the slow cooker on warm or buffet to keep the hot cocoa warm. Top with whipped cream and a marshmallow.
More: No-bake red velvet cheesecake is unbelievably easy to whip up
Check out the video below to see how it's made.